My intent here is to link to informative previously written posts. Most of these are from Windsweptmind.com; the posts there often have fanciful names, so it can be difficult to locate what you might be looking for. If you want instructions on how to use a bias loom with the three-layer warping method, for example, see the topic “Bias Looms” below.
If you’re looking for particular patterns, you can Search for them by name, e.g. “Horizontal Xs,” or search categories in Find a Pattern or Tutorial Here, e.g. Alphabet, on the sidebar to the right. > > >
Beginners . . .
- Basic Pin Loom Weaving–Weave-it and Zoom Loom (includes links to video series)
- Pin Loom Basics—corners and numbers and loops, oh my!
- How to Avoid MIS-Adventures in Pin Loom Weaving—Trouble Shooting
- Browse the Beginner’s Corner category of posts (added to periodically) for tips on many aspects of pin loom weaving—such whether or not to use knots, how to read a diagram…
- Visit these pages on this site: Diagrams, Pin Wraps and Yardage, Glossary, Index
Bias Looms (or looms with equidistant pin spacing)
Equidistant Pin Spacing (see Bias Looms)
- Mattress Stitch (also known as Alternative Method)
- Slip Stitch Crochet Around the Edge—Pin Loom Technique
- Joining Techniques—Part 1–Pin Loom/Crochet Technique (never wrote a part 2)
Loom Making (or buying)
- Adventures in Pin Loom Making — The Video Tutorial
- Adventures in Pin Loom Making — And So Can You!
- Adventures in Pin Loom Making — ‘Tis the Season
- Adventures in Pin Loom Construction — Looms with Shapes
- New Loom Time, or Wunderwag Industries Looms
- Loom Templates (coming soon)
Two-Layer Warping (2LW) / Single-Layer Warping (1LW)
- Video Tutorial Part 1 — Basic Twill
- Video Tutorial Part 2 — Twill with direction changes
- 2LW Part 1 — Warping Basics
- 2LW Part 2 — Weaving 2/2 Twill
- 2LW Part 3 — 2/2 Twill Changing Directions
- Single-Layer Warping
- Two-Layer Warping (Nothing to fear but fear itself)
- Also search the category : 2LW patterns