This design is the result of a request from a Facebook friend. I’m not sure if it met her needs—can’t remember the outcome. I ran across it a few weeks back and decided to polish it up, weave it, and post it. I’m not crazy about the colors I chose. I think higher contrast would look better, or at least using the lighter color for L1-3 and the darker color for L4 (which is probably why the back shows up more strikingly than the front).
Here’s another pattern from what I should have called the Disney vault—except, of course, it’s my vault. I had to redesign and test weave this one three times today which is typical for “picture” patterns, but I find it very boring. Rather than test my third idea without weaving it, I edited my photo. Ditto for the fourth.
Found this in the Disney archives (well, not actually Disney’s, just my own). Several years old, never posted.
I don’t have a great sample photo of this one. I use the 2″ x 4″ and 2″ x 6″ looms sometimes to test out pattern motifs. The sample photo shows an idea I rejected (repeating R2 on R3). It also shows the pattern in a single color. As long as I was in the neighborhood, I went ahead and drew up a diagram.
While working on Diamond Dabs for the 4″ loom, I thought the overall pattern might show up better on a larger square. Then, while test weaving it on the 6″ square, I decided it would look a little more interesting with an optional variation.
I was inspired to create this design (technically it’s a variation of Flower Lattice) by a crochet blanket I found on the Yarnspirations website. They called it “Little Dots Will Do Ya,” but I remembered it as a play on the old Brylcreem commercial, “A little dab’ll do ya.” That’s why mine is called Diamond Dabs.
U3-and-P3 is a super simple pattern. By varying the row repetitions and warping configurations, you can achieve a number of looks.